The Cylindrical roller bearings are radial bearings in which the rolling elements are cylindrical rollers. Depending on the type of execution, these rollers are guided between the flanges of the external rings and/or the flanges of the internal rings.
The rollers may be retained by the cage (mostly made of brass and commercialised by FERSA) or not (full of rollers).
They are separable bearings, which facilitates assembly and disassembly.
The cylindrical roller bearings commercialised by FERSA are subject to the following International Standards:
• The bearing steel complies with ISO 643, ISO 683 – 17, ISO 4967 and ISO 5949 standards
• Load capabilities are in accordance with ISO 76 and ISO 281 standards
• The cylindrical roller bearing tolerances are in accordance with the ISO 492 standard
• Other dimensions are subject to the ISO 15 and ISO 582 standard
• Dimensions of elastic rings and grooves are covered in the ISO 464 standard
• The internal radial set is covered in the ISO 5753 standard
Typical applications for these bearings are:
• Lorry differentials
• Industrial vehicle gearboxes